First of all if you have not installed the Apache Tomcat Server, We will be going to install it on Windows following the below steps :
- Download the Apache Server from Url : http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi
- Extract the Tomcat zip folder
- Navigate to to 'conf' directory, path may be somewhat like '..\apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M8\conf' from where you have extracted the zip.
- Open the Server.xml file and edit the PORT where you want the Tomcat to listen for the requests
- Now start Command Prompt and go to '..\apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M8\bin' and call 'startup.bat'
- Now start a browser and navigate to url '<your_system_ip:port_specified_in_step4>'. Example : 127.0.0.1:8080
- You should see Tomcat Successfully installed page. Congratulation!
Now, we will be moving to next part of configuring Jenkins behind the Tomcat Server :
- Download Jenkins.war file from https://jenkins.io/
- Once downloaded, unzip and move the jenkins.war to directory '.\apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M8\webapps'
- Restart the Tomcat. CTRL+C or call the .\apache-tomcat-9.0.0.M8\bin\shutdown.bat' and then start again.
- Now when you navigate to 127.0.0.1/jenkins, you should see jenkins successfully installed.
Feel free to leave comments !!!